In order to ensure the production and distribution of drinking water throughout rural Senegal, OFOR - Office des Forages Ruraux - wishes to establish a pricing structure that is economically efficient and socially accepted in all areas of the country, thus ensuring the financial balance of the service.
Development of a tariff structure for 8 rural regions in Senegal:
• Data collection, review and analysis of existing literature
• Critical analysis of total water demand
• Analysis of the costs of the service: analysis of average costs in the reference situation, and projection of costs to 2030
• Financial modelling of rural water services
• Grouping of water services by geographical region, modelling of the financial sustainability of the services, determination of equilibrium prices and proposal of tariff grids