The overall objective is to develop a Rural Electrification Master Plan for Mauritania (PDER) for the year 2030 for adoption by the Mauritanian government. This master plan will constitute the planning framework for rural electrification projects by mini grids or isolated centres. It will also put forward the government's vision and the objectives to be achieved by different deadlines up to 2030. Emphasis will be placed on the role of renewable energy.
Public policy sizing
• Review of the rural electrification sector
• Stakeholder consultations: development and definition of objectives to be achieved
• Technical-economic and multi-sectoral analyses: modelling of electricity demand, analysis of technical solutions
• Development of planning scenarios for rural electrification in Mauritania
• Planning of the envisaged implementation