In accordance with the Water Framework Directive (WFD) adopted in December 2000, Article L.212-2 of the Environmental Code provides for the development of water policy at the river basin level over a 6-year planning cycle. The first stage of this cycle consists of an inventory.
The study aims to carry out the economic analysis of the inventory: characterisation of industrial activities and their use of water in the basin. This socio-economic analysis makes it possible to identify the water-using activities likely to have an impact on the environment, to quantify these activities (jobs, turnover, etc.) and thus to put the importance of the water uses into perspective.
The study aims to update the state of Martinique prior to the SDAGE 2022-2027 on the economic aspect through:
• Socio-economic characterisation of water uses
- Analysis of the economic weight of the different uses
• Development of a trend scenario for uses up to 2030
- Assessment of trends in economic activities, demography and public policies up to 2027
- Integration of the effects of foreseeable climate change on the basin
- Assessment of the risks of not achieving good water status