The preparation of the SDAGE 2016-2021 led to the revision of the Programme of Measures (PDM) developed in the previous cycle. The economic evaluation of the PDM resulted in particular in a cost-efficiency analysis of the non-priority measures, making it possible to prioritise the measures in order to meet the budgetary constraint evaluated on this occasion.
Public and private policy evaluation
Cost-effectiveness analysis is an economic analysis tool that relates the cost of a measure to its effectiveness in achieving good water status. This cost-effectiveness ratio estimates the level of efficiency (effectiveness at least cost) of each measure.
Objective of the cost-effectiveness analysis :
• Arguing the cost-effectiveness of measures and combinations of measures in such a way as to provide rational and objective guidance to public decision-makers faced with a strong budget constraint
• Optimiser la décision publique
• Determine the optimal Programme of Measures
Project milestones :
• Modelling the effectiveness of each measure
• Calculation of the efficiency of each measure
• Estimating the budget constraint
• Calculation of the capacity of users to bear the cost of measures
• Estimation of the optimal Programme of Measures